Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
· Identity Data including your name, date of birth, profession, photographic identification and gender.
· Contact Data including your telephone number, address and email.
· Financial Data including bank account and payment card details (through our third party payment processor, who stores such information and we do not have access to that information).
· Transaction Data including details about payments to you from us and from you to us and other details of products and services you have purchased from us or we have purchased from you.
· Technical and Usage Data when you access any of our websites or platforms, details about your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser session and geo-location data, statistics on page views and sessions, device and network information, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour, access and use of our website (including through the use of Internet cookies or analytics), and communications with our website.
· Profile Data including your username and password for your account, profile picture, purchases or orders you have made with us, content you post, send receive and share through our platform and support requests you have made.
· Interaction Data including information you provide to us when you participate in any interactive features, including surveys, contests, promotions, activities or events.
· Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
· Professional data including where you are a worker of ours or applying for a role with us, your professional history such as your previous positions and professional experience.
· Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information. In the course of doing business with you, we may collect, or come across such sensitive information in different situations, including during the course of confirming your eligibility requirements for certain courses and when reviewing your CV. The types of sensitive information we collect include:
o racial or ethnic origin;
o criminal records; and
o health information.
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
· when you interact directly with us, including face-to-face, over the phone, over email, or online;
· when you complete a form, such as registering for any events or newsletters, or responding to surveys;
· when you apply for a job with us;
· from publicly available sources, such as social media or the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC).
Personal information: We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
· to enable you to access our services, including to provide you with a login;
· to do business with you, including to register your attendance at our events, assess your application, manage your courses;
· to contact and communicate with you about our business, including in response to any support requests you lodge with us or other enquiries you make with us;
· to contact and communicate with you about any enquiries you make with us via any website we operate;
· for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
· for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our business, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
· for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our events and experiences and information that we consider may be of interest to you;
· to run promotions, competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
· if you have applied for employment with us, to consider your employment application; and
· to comply with our legal obligations or if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Sensitive information: We only collect, hold, use and disclose sensitive information for the following purposes:
· any purposes you consent to;
· the primary purpose for which it is collected, including to assess your eligibility requirements for certain courses or as required by data collection regulations that govern our business;
· secondary purposes that are directly related to the primary purpose for which it was collected, including disclosure to the below listed third parties as reasonably necessary to do business with you;
· to contact emergency services, or to speak with your family, partner or support person where we reasonably believe there is a serious risk to the life, health or safety of you or another person and it is impracticable for us to obtain your consent; and
· if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Personal information: We may disclose personal information to:
· our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
· IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers;
· marketing or advertising providers;
· professional advisors, bankers, auditors, our insurers and insurance brokers;
· payment systems operators or processors;
· our existing or potential agents or business partners;
· sponsors or promoters of any promotions or competition we run;
· anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
· courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
· courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
· third parties to collect and process data, such as analytics providers and cookies; and
· any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
Google Analytics: We have enabled Google Analytics Advertising Features. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together. These cookies and identifiers may collect Technical and Usage Data about you.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features including using a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser add-on found here. To opt-out of personalised ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager here or if you wish to opt-out permanently even when all cookies are deleted from your browser you can install their plugin here. To opt out of interest-based ads on mobile devices, please follow these instructions for your mobile device: On android open the Google Settings app on your device and select “ads” to control the settings. On iOS devices with iOS 6 and above use Apple’s advertising identifier. To learn more about limiting ad tracking using this identifier, visit the settings menu on your device. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see here.
While we store personal information in Australia, where we disclose your personal information to the third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia. We will only disclose your personal information overseas in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Restrict and unsubscribe: To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Access: You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information. If we cannot provide access to your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal. If we can provide access to your information in another form that still meets your needs, then we will take reasonable steps to give you such access.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information. If we cannot correct your information, we will advise you as soon as reasonably possible and provide you with the reasons for our refusal and any mechanism available to complain about the refusal.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
when you choose to provide our online website with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
If you connect your account with us to a social network account, such as Google, we will collect your personal information from the social network. We will do this in accordance with the privacy settings you have chosen on that social network.
The personal information that we may receive includes your name, ID, user name, handle, profile picture, gender, age, language, list of friends or follows and any other personal information you choose to share.
We use the personal information we receive from the social network to create a profile for you on our platform.
If you agree, we may also use your personal information to give you updates on the social network which might interest you. We will not post to your social network without your permission.
We use Google’s Application Programming Interface (API) Service to collect information through our online forms. Our use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements (set out in the Google API Services User Data Policy).
We limit our use of the personal information that we collect to providing or improving our business. We do not use the personal information for any other purposes.
We only transfer the personal information to others if it is necessary to provide or improve our business or as necessary to comply with applicable law or as part of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets where we notify you of this.
We do not use or transfer the personal information for serving ads, including retargeting, personalised or interest based advertising.
These restrictions apply to the raw data we obtain from the restricted scopes and data that is aggregated, anonymised or derived from them.
We have policies and procedures in place setting out appropriate safeguards for protecting your personal information obtained with the Google APIs. We will also ensure that our employees, agents, contractors and successors comply with the Google API Services Data Policy.
For any questions or notices, please contact us at:
P & N Thomas Pty Ltd (ABN 13101145242) T/A ACE Training (TOID 21716) Email: [email protected]